Thursday, June 10, 2010

iSpy Team Fortress 2 coming to Macs

See what I did there?

Check out the latest blog post here: http://teamfortress.com/

So, it seems  after Valve released the news that Steam was coming to Macs, which didn’t really excite me considering I’m not fucking rich, they’ve also decided to finally port games to multi-platform usage, bringing a whole new demographic to the Team Fortress 2 community.

A whole new, never-before-spawned, new to TF2, un-grieved, un-breifed, and unskilled.

So basically, a new batch of newbs to decimate into oblivion.

Despite that fact, I was still pretty excited because of the following:

Lol, BLU Team are Macfags.

But damn, that new Engineer weapon is clearly displayed, and it has some sort of Texan-style detailing and accompanying ACOG scope or something. Could it be a spy-detecting shotgun? Will playing Spy finally be assimilated out of rational thought?

I will hope that Valve has learned its lessons in class and weapon balance and not do this, cause it would suck fucking balls. I might as well stick to Engy, camp in a corner and eat a sandwich while hoping for these new Mac players to waltz in unknowingly into my reign of turret fire.

But what’s the fun in that?

No, I’d rather see medics who don’t know how to hold down MOUSE1 to rely on, spies who decide to disguise as an enemy team member and run towards them, and the ever popular, meticulously complicated W+MOUSE1 Pyros we see so rarely these days. Because you know, it’s not Team Fortress 2 without them.

Which is true really, I’m not try to be snarky or sarcastic. Hopefully, I come off that way though. But I don’t get all this fuss about new players coming in and ruining the game for everyone else. Like newbs are something new to Team Fortress 2. Those ‘experienced’ players who got TF2 probably three months ago want to sound 1337 and criticize a player that they were three months ago. Everybody’s a newb at some point in time.

Hell, most TF2ers that have been playing for three months, still are.

I’ve been playing for three years. I’m still not as good as I could be. I can’t air frag, time my ‘sploshuns, double jump like a ninja, or eagle-stab like I so desperately wish I could. By all accounts, I’m a casual. I’ve confessed. Now leave me alone.

It’s all you whiners out there—the Valve-haters that continuously rag on every facet of every new major update and then end up getting bored and playing it anyways. The boycott solutions with Left 4 Dead 2, the new crafting system (which, by the way, had no impact, negative or positive, on the gameplay itself), every single unlockable weapon that’s been released; given, the complaints come at a recycled and ignorable pace and presence, yet they still seem to spoil the forums consistently.

Just deal with it. It doesn’t change gameplay mechanics. It won’t take away those precious hats of ours. If anything, it will make Team Fortress 2 grow in popularity, which is Valve’s intention in the first place, and its a good thing for community members too. More players means more community, more community means more feedback, more feedback means better improvements to Team Fortress 2.

Then again, this may be a temporary thing—scratch that, it is a temporary thing, and I could be arguing for a side that doesn’t care, and against a side that will forget about what they’re arguing against in the first place. That’s the beauty of online communities though.

What exactly that is, I’m not sure I’ve explained. But I’m not here to please you.

Go play some video games, they’re good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment