Saturday, June 12, 2010

Asher Roth? Pfft.

Tell Roth I don’t love college, cause I’m not going there, cause I’m not retarded.

Instead, I run shit, like so:

I Love (John) Fraser - 2010 Graduating Class MUSIC VIDEO from Anthony Suen on Vimeo.

The Witness says it well, I am the next Tarantino.

In all seriousness, this song was something I came up with randomly during a conversation with a friend. At that time, I had realized Asher Roth’s I Love College was very easy to adapt into one’s own lyrics. That also made me realize how simple and kind of stupid the song is, which is why its so often played.

Two hours later I had lyrics down. Due to sheer boredom, somewhere along the way I decided to take the instrumental track from I Love College, use my headset microphone I use for yelling at people in games, and load up Adobe Soundbooth, which I had never used before.

But because I’m so pro, I used it anyways. Three more hours later, I had the first recording of I Love Fraser down.

It wasn’t up until a month later that it struck me that I could take advantage of the equipment in CommTech and make a higher quality recording and have the ability to edit and compile more thoroughly.

Instead, my teacher told me to go into the back room with an iMac, and use the built in microphones. Which ended up not being that bad, since the back room has almost no ambience and the iMac microphones are pretty good quality. At the beginning of May, I had finished the final copy of I Love Fraser.

The idea of making a music video on it had been circling around my head during that month, but as said prior, the cycling absence of responsibility hindered those pre-production efforts. As the deadline got closer, that being the Grad Breakfast where this video, if it were to be completed, would be showcased, I got more worried.

And then I gave up.

And then my Yearbook teacher picked it up. And she got her Grade 11’s to help out in photographing the stop motion in two periods, assembling whoever I could find for those bleacher shots, and the day before the Grad Breakfast, sit in the CommTech room for five hours sifting through 1400 photographs and deleting, fixing, compiling, placing and cueing them up to the music. 

So, pardon the mistakes. I’m truly sorry I couldn’t make this the best video ever, because of the limited time, abruptness, and intensely complicated process. Give me a break.

In my opinion, this product was much better than the non-existent one I was ready to settle on.

------------------------------

Maybe, just maybe, I’ll create some original content music. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment