Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hold on to your seats, I’m going MAINSTREAM!

Nah, not really. But Kid Cudi is well known, and he’s kind of famous. Never really thought he made good hip-hop until recently. Apparently he does.

So, why not?

But the purpose in showing you this is the music video. Did some research: directed by Nez Khammal. Do I know who that is? No, but I’m going to say this person is a good director.

The video struck me as a pretty good example of composition and aesthetic. Very beautifully shot, interesting locations, and nice subjects to focus on too.

Static shots + a split-screen effect = very nice video to look at.

Good interpolation of Gaga too.

Old song, I know, but whatever.

Cudi’s videos and songs seem to show a glimmer of hope in terms of the music videos as an art form rather than showcasing big asses and cameos. At least here they were done with style and class.

1 comment: