Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Time to shake off the rust, Globes. (Part 2)

Okay, so I was getting read to unsheathe my bloody blade of cinematic vengeance yesterday, but I decided to abstain from decimating the entire film industry with one fell swoop from my incredible powers. District 9 at least got nominated for Best Screenplay for a Motion Picture. I was that close too. You probably can’t tell, but my fingertips are practically touching each other. Yeah, that close.

But now for the television side of things, which I truly think has had a better year than film so far, just from watching only two shows in the television categories that got nominated.

Best Television Series – Drama

“Big Love” (2006) - HBO

“Dexter” (2006) - Showtime

“House M.D.” (2004) - Fox

“Mad Men” (2007) - AMC

“True Blood” (2008) – HBO

Once again, I’ve only watched one of the nominees, and yeah, I know what you’re thinking. And this time, you’re damn right. Dexter by a mile. Is it even debatable? Does your opinion even matter? Probably not, since nothing in your life, even if you were the most interesting person in the world, will not amount to the mind-blowing, ball-breaking, jaw-dropping, unfathomably awesome finale that Dexter’s 4th season had. The concentrated awesome of that single episode blows off any genius diagnosticians, Mormon polygamists, advertising tycoons, and thick-accented vampires. Seriously though, Dexter should win. I don’t know if it will, and with something like Mad Men or Big Love already taking up all the attention, I will be thoroughly pissed off if the Globes fuck this one up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Best Television Series – Musical or Comedy

“Entourage” (2004) - HBO

“Glee” (2009) - Fox

“The Office” (2005) - NBC

“Modern Family” (2009) - ABC

“30 Rock” (2006) – NBC

Same thing here; I only watched one of these nominees. Guess which one?

Hint #1: It’s the one that should win.

Hint #2: It’s not about Mark Wahlberg and friends, Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company, modern families (?), or a comedy series about a comedy series.

Hint #3: Don’t make me unsheathe, God damn it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Television > Film = 2009. A very depressing mathematical statement to me. I don’t think that’s an actual mathematical sentence, but it still provides the same sense of frustration and annoyance. Then again, Glee and Dexter are fuckawesome, so I can’t really complain. Still, I will continue to do so, because I like complaining.

Give District 9 more nominations, you ungrateful egotistical bastards.

I don’t know if I want to post Directing, Screenwriting, Animated, Starring, or Guest Starring. I might just accumulate them into one, and save the commentary. I’ll just include the nominees that will have a chance, or that should win. Probably the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment