Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Last Post.

Scared you there for a moment, didn’t I? But this isn’t referring to me. No, but it is equally saddening.

Once I had gotten back from the frontlines, well aware of the horrors I had seen while trapped in the stench of the dead that lay around me and the pungent smell of urine, feces, blood and sweat filling the air, I was learned of truly devastating news.

In the heat of battle, where many fall valiantly to the abyss of hell—if they were not already there, I had lost a comrade. A fellow soldier; a brother-at-arms; a blog-mate.

Yes, the news is quite heart-breaking, soul-wrenching, and I have already worn out your attention, so I shall honour his dignity and show you the remnants of his broken webpage.

Farewell, brave blog.

* * *

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

* * *

You shall forever live in the spirit of blogging. I shall carry your torch into glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment