Friday, August 14, 2009

The Classless Update! – Team Fortress 2

Hats? In my TF2? It's more likely than you think.

After a short hiatus and recuperation from the chaos of the Sniper vs. Spy Update in March, Valve has released the next major update, which will introduce no class-specific changes. Huh.

Yes, after much of the TF2 community has raged over various nuances and semantics, Valve has done nothing but give in and compromise for their relentless dedication to their fanbase. What TF2 fans want, TF2 fans get. I don’t think I can say that for any other game developer.

Whiny fanboys aside, this update is jam packed with goodies to leave me hugging my screen. From the much-anticipated changes to Scout weapons (Thank God), to increased versatility to the backpack that contains unlockable weapons, and who could forget the newly implemented King of the Hill, a new game mode that will probably outshine Arena or possibly replace it all together.

Ah, who could forget the hats. Being an avid TF2 player myself, I was marvelling at the idea of hats. I could wear them when I play. I could be classy. As Valve has explicitly stated in this update, you WILL be classy with a hat. Too bad I still don’t have any, cause I would be awesome if I did. Not one hat. Over 200 hours of play, not one. Thanks Valve.

Ahem, despite my apparent lack of luck, 18 new hats have been released; 2 for each class. Some of them are truly hilarious. The Heavy’s new ushanka can’t be missed, as it’s been demanded by the fans even after their first introduction to hats. In fact, most of the hats are official re-releases of modders’ versions of original hats. Further evidence that Valve is right beside your ear, having nothing better to do then listen to our constant rambling and endless arguing over God-knows-what. Who cares? We get what we want.

With this update, I certainly hope I do (I want that Gentlemen’s Hat).

3 comments:

  1. And with his new Gentleman's hat, Anthony will be able to approach prey that previously eluded him. The hat gives him super restraining and binding techniques as well as the innocent harmless look he needs to approach the little girlies.

    Don't do it Valve. Don't unleash another predator.

    (he'll be out stalking Orphan girl mirite)

    ReplyDelete
  2. excellent.
    excellent.
    says neeraj.

    ReplyDelete