Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have the weirdest boner.

(Weird Geeky) Swag.

Slowpoke, I know, but I haven’t gotten to dig into Gambino’s lyrics, especially for this song, until now. Too many brown kids reciting all of his rhymes in a car slightly too well to not be an obsession. But, I hear ‘em now, loud and clear.

“I got some pussy that was insane / So insane, it’s an enemy of Bat-mayne”

There’s a lot of reasons why Black Spiderman/Troy/Gambino/Donald should be listened to, but for me, that one line was enough. It’s a sick line. You probably understand why.

This song is like pop cultural references + weird swag = new age black rapper. Or something. Fuck, I don’t know, I just dig the Joker reference.

Fuck yeah, Joker (well, to be accurate, almost all of Batman’s rogues gallery are legitimately insane in one way or another, hence Arkham Asylum, but you don’t really care so I’ll leave it at that).  Sick beat too.

And dat dolly in. Nothing’s better than a smooth, slow sensuous camera movement on a rapper on crack jumping around spitting about how he digs voluptuous fangirls. Bam, I just made an application of my learned skills at school. How you like me now?

Also, Freaks & Geeks is classic 90’s television. Sick show, go watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment