Saturday, February 19, 2011

Aurally Audacious Endeavours (Partly): A-1 + Nostalgia

A-1’s a rapper from San Fran, whose specific mixtape samples heavily from 90’s television themes, mainly cartoons. And the beats are dirty, the flow’s tight, the lyrics are pretty hilarious with the references to the themes he’s rapping over.

Anthony from Needle Drop did a review, he says it better than I could ever.

Nostalgic mind-fuck indeed.

This is totally not stealing someone else’s analysis to fill in my own. Totally.

IN OTHER NEWS, Let’s watch and listen to old some cartoon opening themes.

Starts at 0:07. Badass badassery.

Badass mummies.

Badass riffs.

My favourite. DAT SWAG.

Moving up to the coming-home-to-catch-awesomeness Era. Also, sick future rave party.

Fuck yeah.

Groovy.


I miss being a kid.

Oh, and I should probably put this in for good measure, you know' you’ll watch it anyways.



Well, fuck now I remember another one come to think of it.

C’mon, you know you watched it when it came out.

If you’re out there reading this, post some more in the comments. It’ll waste some good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment