Thursday, October 7, 2010

Another Walking Dead Update—Yeah, deal with it.

Really, this has become my only consistent television update, but whatever.

Dexter’s back, Glee’s back, Community’s back (I’ve missed the first two episodes, sadface).

But The Walking Dead is yet to come, and you bet your ass I will not being handing out, or receiving any candy on Halloween night because that series premiere will not be missed. By God, if I do, I am taking this blog down. I can’t handle the shame.

So, without further delay, here is the newest trailer;

[via Techland.]

As the article Techland wrote has already stated, the series is going to shy away from the default, every-day high adrenaline and fast-paced gory goodness of a regular cinematic or televised zombie experience. Instead, to stay true to the comics, The Walking Dead is going to go the sophisticated path and focus on the drama and the characters of the story.

Applause, because that’s what The Walking Dead is about anyways. And the producers of the show know a lot of about drama, and a lot about action, and once again I needlessly say my complete faith in their ability to adapt the graphic novel in a thematically honest, and visually compelling manner.

When you see those other failed undead-themed series a few years back; there was one specific one I forgot the name of (go figure), I have to notice that the hype this show is getting is really legitimate. I mean, it’s channel is AMC, and that alone gives it automatic credibility, and the graphic novel its adapting is already renowned in its medium. Really, what can go wrong? The worst I get is a zombie television show—that ain’t a bad deal at all.

Saying that, this series will still be fucking awesome despite a measly six episodes, but the second season’s already been greenlit, which makes me happy inside.

Michonne, I await your brutal, psychopathic arrival.

Get your machetes out people, the zombies are coming back, and coming fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment