Thursday, July 8, 2010

Minimalism, in my consumer items?

It’s actually as unlikely as you think.

But here’s a few examples:

image

image

image

Plus a plethora of more eye-pleasing packaging solutions at upstage.com.

This here is an example of what I call the best kind of graphic design, because of the irony in the marketing mindset that effortlessly combines itself with the minimalist efforts of graphic designers. It seems that the simpler the packaging gets, the more it stands out on the shelves from the more traditionally packaged, mass-produced items that crowd the shelves with it.

It seems to me, trying to look simpler makes the product stand out more. Which is a devilishly uncomplicated, yet efficient marketing solution, just like the designs on these items.

Honestly, this is the reason why I love graphic design. The marketing angle.

Yeah. God damn, do I love the marketing angle.

Go make some art, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment