Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy Time-Leaping Valentine’s Pre-Celebration?

Well, maybe on io9’s clock.

But yet again, I get my news from the newsfeed from other news sites directly posted on my blog. That’s how Dad did it, that’s how America does it, and its worked out pretty well so far (I don’t know what this ‘plagiarism’ is that you speak of).

But a festive atmosphere is once again upon us, so before you buy some Belgian heart-shaped chocolates, propose, or bring your girlfriend to Wonderland (Yay!), take a minute to check out io9’s article about the top 10 love stories in sci-fi film and television. Geeks need love too.

But more specifically, I like how io9 doesn’t discriminate against animated films, and includes one of my favourite animes of all time. Tokikake as it’s known in the Japanese world is probably one of the longest running sci-fi fiction franchises in Japan, and as I’ve said in my review of the film and probably multiple other times, it deserves every bit of its recognition.

But I digress, pairings in like EVE and WALL-E, Leia and Han, and lots of other sci-fi icons will make your heart mushy too much for your own good. Happy Valentine’s, everyone?

Go kiss and canoodle, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment