Friday, January 29, 2010

Portfolio Pieces.

I don’t draw or paint, nor did I keep track of my artwork, because I didn’t know I was going into arts. So this was really hard to pull off properly.

Gears Photograph I took in Grade 11, but I decided to lie about it and said I took it in September of 2009. Used macro function on the camera, obviously. I like the noise and texture.

Smile LogoFirst ever design I did, back in September. Didn’t lie. Didn’t know I could draw designs either. Still can’t. Made through Adobe Illustrator, applied using Photoshop to examples. And I think it does only take 13. Maybe it’s 12. I don’t know.

Playground Photo shoot with Kevin and a pot. Used Photoshop for some Infrared effects.

Recycled Portrait Yes, those are little balls of paper, and those strips are supposed to look like badly rolled joints. Pothead was the original title. Get it? Took five weeks. Projected graphic of the photo against a white board, traced, then painted over, then recycled material applied.

Dutch AnglePhotos of glowsticks moving around a person’s body. I shot the glowsticks moving over specific body parts with a DSLR at low shutter speed, then photo montage’d them together in Photoshop to create the outline of the body. Which is why it looks fragmented. I offset the master image and tilted it. Then I called it Dutch Angle, to look clever for Ryerson Film Studies. I hope it works. Digitally put together in 2 hours, yesterday.

Shaken Graphic design using Photoshop and InDesign. Used photography from newspapers, put a threshold on them, and compiled them together to reflect each other, which I hope made an interesting visual graphic. The typography on either side of the design is taken from Canadian and some American newspapers about the earthquake. It was meant to be an awareness poster, though I have yet to decide whether or not to modify it into an informational design. Probably won’t. You decide, or something.

I’m applying to Film Studies at Ryerson School of Image Arts, and I didn’t submit a film. Will these get me in? Tell me why or why not in the comments. And if you’re an artist, feel free to critique any work you see. If you’re not an artist, and still want to critique, then you can as well. However, you will sound like an asshole. But go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment